SimpliCD (“simplicity”) is a certificate of deposit program that enables credit unions to easily invest in federally insured CDs quickly by issuing CDs to a nationwide market of investors with no other fees involved.
SimpliCD is owned and operated by Primary Financial Company LLC, a credit union service organization owned jointly by corporate credit unions nationwide. They serve as custodian and administer the SimpliCD program.
A complete investment system, SimpliCD combines the safety of CD investing with the performance of competitive interest rates from nationwide issuers. SimpliCD will search for the best rates, perform due diligence and maintain all reporting requirements, adding diversity to your existing portfolio through insured CDs with financial institutions while assuring your adherence to Regulation 703 and other investment criteria.
Benefits of Investing
- No Annual Fee or Transactions Fees
- Automated Settlement
- No Paperwork for each Purchase
- One Monthly Interest Payment
- No Need to Rate Shop
- Full Insurance Coverage
- Same Day Settlement
- Large Dollar Block Purchases
- Very Competitive Yields
With SimpliCD, you’ll be provided competitive, exclusive rates on a daily basis, without devoting your staff’s time and energy to locate them. You can base your investment decisions on sound options, familiar procedures and up-to-the-minute information in an easy-to-manage program tailored to fit your changing needs.
For an overview of the basic tenets of working with SimpliCD for investing, view a video at the SimpliCD YouTube channel.
CU Investment Solutions, LLC (CU-ISI)
TRICORP, in partnership with CU Investment Solutions, LLC (CU-ISI), provides access to the largest institutional desks of over 30 primary and regional broker/dealers, resulting in highly-competitive bond prices and yields through the power of aggregation.
Through CU-ISI, utilizing their registered representatives, credit unions have exposure to more inventories, highly competitive pricing and excellent trade execution.
Benefits & Features
- More than 1,000 credit unions in 49 states have access to comprehensive brokerage services.
- As a credit union-owned cooperative, CU-ISI is exclusively focused on providing value to credit unions.
- Highly-competitive bond prices and yields are available through CU-ISI’s relationships with the largest institutional desks of over 30 primary and regional broker/dealers.
- Available investments are especially suited for credit unions.
- Registered representatives ensure that credit unions buy only NCUA-permissible securities.
- Up-to-date market and economic information is provided to assist with timely portfolio decisions.
- Execution is efficient.
- Credit unions realize lower costs and higher yields.
- Support is provided from experienced registered representatives who know credit unions.
CU Investment Solutions is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a broker-dealer under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. CU Investment Solutions also is registered in the state of Kansas as an investment advisor under the Kansas Securities Act. CU Investment Solutions is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). Check the background of this firm and representatives on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.
Our partnership with JP Morgan Chase, allows Tricorp to offer a complete and comprehensive safekeeping product for the security of our members’ investments.
In today’s financial marketplace, risk-conscious credit unions need a sound provider of settlement and safekeeping services for their securities. Through our partnership with JP Morgan Chase, credit unions can conveniently store and protect their marketable securities and negotiable certificates of deposit for safekeeping.
- Online account access via Premier View.
- Tricorp based Help/Member Service to assist with transactions.
- Unbiased industry expertise from JP Morgan Chase.
- Competitive Pricing.
- Ability to pledge securities as collateral with the FRB Discount Window.
- Maintain control of securities, no hypothecation.
- All securities processed delivery versus payment for both DTC and book-entry transactions.
- Monthly market valuations.
- Daily holding and transaction reports.
Community Investment Fund (CIF)
Tricorp shares the cooperative spirit by partnering with the National Credit Union Foundation to give credit unions numerous investment options for supporting the Community Investment Fund (CIF).
The CIF allows credit unions to invest in either government-issued securities or negotiable certificates of deposit, while donating a percentage of the interest earned to the CIF – a donation that helps national and state credit union foundations. Securities and CDs are purchased through Tricorp and are held in safekeeping at JP Morgan Chase.
Why invest in CIF?
- Support national and local financial capability efforts
- Credit unions earn revenue while giving back to the movement
- A wide range of investment options are available to ensure balance sheet needs are met.
- Charitable contributions are made from investment returns rather than operation income
- It’s easy
Even a small slice of a security’s return can make a big difference. Contact Tricorp for more information or visit the NCUF website at www.ncuf.coop.
Tricorp’s overnight account allows credit unions an option that efficiently handles cash management operations and daily settlements. It is a convenient, interest-bearing share account that generates dividends.
Unlike other depository institutions, where excess compensating balance earnings may be sacrificed each month, credit unions utilizing the overnight account keep 100 percent of the interest earned on the funds they maintain for settlement. This account accrues the rate daily based on the balance at the end of the day after settlement has posted.
- Transactions are settled efficiently
- It is an interest-bearing account
- Earn hard-dollar dividends that are paid monthly
- No withdrawal restrictions
- Accounts can be supported by a Tricorp line-of-credit
- Provides fee-free overnight and intra-day credit to prevent overdrafts
- Requires no management of funds
- Offers a competitive rate
Tricorp’s premium overnight account is designed to offer immediate access to your funds while paying a higher money market rate of return. Current rates can be found in the Daily Rate section of our website.
The premium overnight account is a self-managed account that is separate from settlement. The credit union must monitor these funds. This account is structured with multiple tiers to pay higher dividends on larger balances.
- The first $4,999,999 of this account earns the same dividend rate as the regular overnight account.
- Balances between $5,000,000 and $9,999,999 will earn a higher dividend rate on the amount above $4,999,999.
- Balances above $9,999,999 will earn an even higher dividend rate on the balance above $9,999,999.
Perpetual Capital Account
Tricorp is pleased to offer one of the lowest capital requirements in the nation. A member credit union’s Perpetual Contributed Capital (PCC) is an interest bearing investment offered by Tricorp that also entitles capitalizing members access to all of Tricorp’s value-added services.
To become a full member, Tricorp’s PCC requirements are based on a formula requiring .30 percent of a credit union’s total year-end assets as reported on its most recent year-end NCUA call report with a cap set at $400,000.
- Capitalizing credit unions have no limitations on the services available to them.
- Capitalizing credit unions benefit from cost savings and improved efficiencies that are achieved through aggregation.
- PCC is an interest-bearing investment.
- PCC is a one-time issuance.
- PCC has no annual adjustment or maturity.
- PCC is non-refundable but is transferrable.
- Education, training and member service support are available to capitalizing members.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming a member.